[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Propagation of ABORT state in Sub process to parent.

Ralph Brendler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 9 13:33:39 EST 2011

Ralph Brendler [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebrendler] created the discussion

"Re: Propagation of ABORT state in Sub process to parent."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/635806#635806

A bit more detail here, as this is biting me as well right now.  I don't believe that the end event is actually terminating the flow-- I think it's just not propogating the error back to the caller.

Using your examples (which are awsome, BTW), when I check the session state after execution, the session is marked as STATE_ACTIVE, not STATE_COMPLETED.  This seems to indicate that the engine still thinks that the process is running, when clearly it is not.  For a test I created an identical flow that put the steps into an embedded sub-process (rather than a called one), and the sequence of events is identical but the process state is STATE_COMPLETED.

Now, if I remove the boundaryEvent that handles the error, the embedded version of the flow returns STATE_ABORTED (which I would expect), but the call version still returns STATE_ACTIVE.  It sure looks like the issue is that the error in the sub-flow is not getting passed back up, so the error handling in the caller never gets executed.