[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Problems around use of java.lang.Boolean

Rags Racha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 6 20:06:26 EDT 2011

Rags Racha [http://community.jboss.org/people/ragsboss] created the discussion

"Problems around use of java.lang.Boolean"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630469#630469

I have a method that returns an object of complex type which has a property of type java.lang.Boolean. We need tristate booleans and hence I cannot use native boolean. What I'm noticing is the c# client always gets a null value for this property.

We are using axis 1.4 and I verified that our WSDL file (generated using java2wsdl) does have the Boolean property listed as expected.

<element name="*isFoo*" nillable="*true*" type="*soapenc:boolean*" />

When I captured network traces on the client, I don't see the element corresponding to Boolean property in the soap response at all. I see every other property of the complex type except for this one. Is this a known issue?

I know the backend is fine because we have non-SOAP ways to get to it and they are able to get teh value fine. Given this, I suspect if this may be due to some issue with serialization or something that happens after [server] app code returns objects and before soap response is constructed to be sent to the client.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rags

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]