[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How does Timer work in jBPM 5

dme do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 25 13:27:48 EDT 2011

dme [http://community.jboss.org/people/dme] created the discussion

"How does Timer work in jBPM 5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/633539#633539

Hi,

I have created a process and attached a boundary timer to the subprocess (as shown in the timer examples) for fire after 500ms. The subprocess has a script with a sleep for 2000ms, and I was expecting the timer to fire and interrupt the sub-process, but in my case the timer never fires. Can someone please advise how I can make the timer to fire to interrupt the subprocess. I have attached the process files and the Java code to run the process below.

This is a simple use case I was trying, the real requirement is to call a WebService and provide a Timer as the boundary event, which should fire if the service call does not return in the specified time period. I get similar problem when testing with my webservice call implementation.

Thanks.