[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM5 Exception Handling

dme do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 26 12:43:30 EDT 2011

dme [http://community.jboss.org/people/dme] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 Exception Handling"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/633718#633718

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for the response. You are right I do not have an event handler in my case. I was trying to use the "Exception Handlers" in the sub-process to handle the fault which simply prints a message stating that the fault has been handled. I have attached a screen shot below. In the "Properties" View, you can see that I have added the exception handler for the fault. However when I run the process this handler is never called. The other thing I notice is that the code in the handler is never saved to the process XML file (its still looks like what I have attached earlier). Now if I close the process file in Eclipse and re-open it the code associated with the Exception Handler is no longer there?

So I have 3 questions:

1. Why does my code in Exception Handler not save in the process XML file, and why does it disappear when I close and re-open the process file in Eclipse?
2. Do I always need a Signal Event to handle exceptions, can I not do this in the Exception Handler itself?
3. Even if I provide a Signal Event, it will have to be triggered by the Exception Handler of the sub-process, which means that the Exception Handling code should remain in the process XML.