[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: fireUntilHalt with customworkhandler

Ryan Peterson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 21 11:25:42 EDT 2011

Ryan Peterson [http://community.jboss.org/people/rrpeterson] created the discussion

"Re: fireUntilHalt with customworkhandler"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/627827#627827

THANK YOU Mauricio, your info about fireUntilHalt causing problems with persistence & competing threads is the EXACT problem I've been having for the past week or so.

I had assumed (incorrectly) I needed to call fireUntilHalt after starting my session, but was getting some very odd race-condition like behavior once the session was retrieved via JPA (intermitttent 1-3 processInstances would fail with a NPE out of 150+).  Not calling fireUntilHalt before persisting (or at all actually) seems to have cleared the issue right up.