[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Best practices for openshift express and tools

Scott Stark do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 26 17:39:36 EDT 2011

Scott Stark [http://community.jboss.org/people/starksm64] created the discussion

"Re: Best practices for openshift express and tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/628640#628640

> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
> 1. There really aren't a good way of doing this "conext dependent deployment" that doesn't end up being a giant feature specific hack.
>
> jboss-web.xml is probably only just one of many parameters that you would want to change between your PAAS/Local deployment.
>
> Is the context root really something that should be set in the deployment ? Can't we find a way to have that be a separate configuration/deployment ?
> Then you could deploy the *same* archive to multiple servers - the deployment could of course have a default specified, but should be possible to overwrite/reconfigure part of the server.
Yes, I do think we have to change what gets exposed to the user to a series of admin commands that get played against the server to setup the the deployment and other PaaS vs local settings. The admin configuration file is not really the best thing. I'll start looking into this more seriously after JavaOne.