[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JMS createConnection on ConnectionFactory failed for NPE

Aparna Rallabandi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 27 11:52:51 EDT 2011

Aparna Rallabandi [http://community.jboss.org/people/aparnaralla] created the discussion

"JMS createConnection on ConnectionFactory failed for NPE"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/628848#628848

I have a JMS producer on Jboss 6.0.0.M2.
Used the Producer from the example below in my application running on Jboss.

I use the docs\examples\jms\examples\queue\...\QueueExample.java and modified it to be a MessageListener (Modified file is attached) and that works with my JMS producer.

Now we have a standalone J2SE Swing application which need to be the listener and show popups for each event it receives.
When this standalone app tries to create a connection it fails at createConnection with the following StackTrace.

Any pointers or direction you could give will be very helpful.

Regards,
Aparna

INFO  line:54 file:JmsConsumer.java method:setup()
"Queue /queue/testQueue exists"
DEBUG line:615 file:Client.java method:connect()
 "Client[19176986:3j001-srvfa8-gt1udu6a-1-gt1uduu1-4].connect(null)"
TRACE line:616 file:Client.java method:connect()
"Client[19176986:3j001-srvfa8-gt1udu6a-1-gt1uduu1-4]: metadata = null"
TRACE line:320 file:PropertyEditors.java method:mapJavaBeanProperties()
 "Mapping properties for bean: SocketClientInvoker[ee558f, bisocket://localhost.localdomain:4457]"
TRACE line:365 file:PropertyEditors.java method:mapJavaBeanProperties()
"Property editor found for: marshaller, editor: java.beans.PropertyDescriptor at 17ff5aaf, setter: public void org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.setMarshaller(org.jboss.remoting.marshal.Marshaller)"
 TRACE line:373 file:PropertyEditors.java method:mapJavaBeanProperties()
"Failed to find property editor for: marshaller"
TRACE line:384 file:PropertyEditors.java method:mapJavaBeanProperties()
"Failed to write property"
 java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors.mapJavaBeanProperties(PropertyEditors.java:377)
    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.mapJavaBeanProperties(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:1359)
     at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.setup(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:533)
    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.<init>(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:292)
     at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker.<init>(SocketClientInvoker.java:78)
    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketClientInvoker.<init>(BisocketClientInvoker.java:166)
     at org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.TransportClientFactory.createClientInvoker(TransportClientFactory.java:44)
    at org.jboss.remoting.InvokerRegistry.loadClientInvoker(InvokerRegistry.java:453)
     at org.jboss.remoting.InvokerRegistry.createClientInvoker(InvokerRegistry.java:352)
    at org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Client.java:632)
    at org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Client.java:582)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.createClient(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java:333)
     at  http://org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.clientconnectionfactorydelegate.org/ org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.org$jboss$jms$client$delegate$ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$getClientAOPStack$aop(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java:243)
     at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.getClientAOPStack(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.ClientAOPStackLoader.load(ClientAOPStackLoader.java:75)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnectionFactory.createConnectionInternal(JBossConnectionFactory.java:192)
     at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnectionFactory.createConnection(JBossConnectionFactory.java:87)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnectionFactory.createConnection(JBossConnectionFactory.java:82)
    at rt.controller.JmsConsumer.setup(JmsConsumer.java:56)
     at rt.controller.JmsConsumer.<init>(JmsConsumer.java:44)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]