[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM 5.1 Final Release with jboss-5.1.0.GA - Human Task taskId

Samrat Roy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 3 00:52:02 EDT 2012

Samrat Roy [https://community.jboss.org/people/whizkid.samrat] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM 5.1 Final Release with jboss-5.1.0.GA - Human Task taskId"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/727894#727894

sure thing ,

The jbpm5 Api suggests that to complete a task allocated to a user (in order to move the flow forward) i need to have a taskId.

    public void complete( long taskId, String userId, ContentData outputData,TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler );

We are making a tender approval flow with human approvals, so as soon as a task is assigned to an approver , we want to capture the generated task id and current assignee and persist those along with the model data in our own tables, so as soon as the current assignee (Approver) takes an action, i would immediately know the taskID and hit the API , thus I need not bother about taskLists and fetching tasksAllocated to a user.

The second thought is , Task object is internal to jbpm & contains nothing specific to the object (Model) on which the workflow is running , so even if a get a list of tasks allocated to a user, would it not require a seperate logic to identify which taskId corresponds to which process flow  ?

Hence the question.

Maybe I am missing the point somewhere ,  a nudge in the right direction is appreciated  :)