[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Parallel Human Tasks - Obsolete remaining tasks when a task is completed

William Timpany do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 26 17:00:15 EDT 2012

William Timpany [https://community.jboss.org/people/wtimpany] created the discussion

"Parallel Human Tasks - Obsolete remaining tasks when a task is completed"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732525#732525

Hi All,

Can anyone shed some light on this problem/design.

for example: I want to start two human tasks in parallel.

As soon as one of the tasks is approved I want the other one to be "Obsoleted".

Is there any way to automatically have JBPM walk back up the tree from the Join and "Obsolete" any "Human Tasks" that are
active in the current path.    I noticed that once the process completes any outstanding "Human Tasks" have the "Obsolete"
status.

e.g. In the diagram below HR or PM can approve a request, and continue the process: but how to Skip/Obsolete the remainig task.
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-732525-18510/Evaluation.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-732525-18510/310-123/Evaluation.png