[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: missing trigger in event-based gateway

saig0 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 3 02:57:35 EST 2012

saig0 [http://community.jboss.org/people/saig0] created the discussion

"Re: missing trigger in event-based gateway"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/644253#644253

An example process with an event gateway:
 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-644253-17689/ProcessWithEventGateway.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-644253-17689/450-113/ProcessWithEventGateway.png
I know that the event gateway is like an exclusiv gateway and will wait for just one event. My question is about the behavior of the ProcessEventListener in jBPM. I expected that all nodes will canceled after one event received and fire the trigger 'node left'.

I use the ProcessEventListener for event correlation. When one event node is triggered, the listener register the process instance for this event on an external registry. After the node is left, the listener remove the registration. But if the listener will not trigger on event gateway, it will never remove the registration.