[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Guide to creating custom human task service

Michael G do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 4 09:55:29 EST 2012

Michael G [http://community.jboss.org/people/mpgong] created the discussion

"Re: Guide to creating custom human task service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/644624#644624

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, my situation is that i want to run in an environment that already provides a front end portal to handle user tasks, so we won't be using the provided consoles for monitoring nor starting, etc... the processes and tasks.  We don't want to use the provided method to create the forms (flt) but rather take the task parameters and pass them along to the front end portal which will provide the user interface and notifications that the user has a task.  So once the user completes their task, etc... any return params will be sent back to the process engine and continue.

So i thought creating my own task server would allow me to perform this type of integration.  Now i'm still learning the ropes so i don't know if jbpm ootb provides this capability or not.  If it does could you explain how i would go about achieving the above.

Thank you very much.