[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Trying to set ActorId in On Entry Action - work item is null

jemmerling do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 26 09:16:11 EST 2012

jemmerling [https://community.jboss.org/people/jemmerling] created the discussion

"Re: Trying to set ActorId in On Entry Action - work item is null"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648863#648863

What I am trying to achieve:

The node definition specifies a group. Ordinarily, when a new task is created, it can be claimed by any member of that group.

However, when the process instance progresses to the next node, the actor working on that (subsequent) task may reject what the previous actor (i.e. the one who claimed the previous task in the flow) did and send it back to that actor to redo. In this case, I would want it to be the same node.

I didn't know what is the effect of specifying ActorId and GroupId and I'm not certain this is well understood in general. So given what you have said, I would want to not only set ActorId but remove GroupId from that instance of the node (or task). But hopefully the same node. So it should be immediately reserved by that actor without their having to claim it.

As far as setting GroupId from a process variable, could you possibly give an example how to do that? I haven't found a good reference for the EL and the examples are scattered so I can't remember where to go for the example I need to emulate.

So anyway, let's assume that I want to specify eithor GroupId or ActorId (or both) on the fly in this situation, how can I do that? Can I do it in an On Entry Action or a Script Task or by using an expression in the BPMN2 node definition?

Thanks!

--JE