[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Trying to set ActorId in On Entry Action - work item is null

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 26 13:10:23 EST 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Trying to set ActorId in On Entry Action - work item is null"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648917#648917

Thanks for more details about your case. If I got it right, you have two user tasks: one for group of workers and the other for approver(s). So when first one is completed the approver verifies the work and if (s)he is not happy with outcome you would like to get the task back to the user who completed it. Is my understanding correct?

If so, you can't get back to the same task instance, once it is completed it cannot be reopened, it will create new instance of the same task node. I would see this case as follows:
* one task for group of workers (assigned with group id)
* once task for approver (assigned either with potential owner or with group id)
* third task for rework (assigned with potential owner)

So, whenever approver is not happy it moves the flow into the third user task that is kind of a copy of the first one but can be assigned to only one potential owner, the one who completed first task. So it will operate on the same data and most likely with the same forms. Of course some would say it is duplication of tasks but in my opinion that keeps the model clean and easy to follow from business perspective.

Regarding usage of group assignment, I believe  http:// this could be great starting point, thanks to Demian

HTH