[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Using jBPM to manage state of resources

gvseghbr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 03:50:44 EDT 2012

gvseghbr [https://community.jboss.org/people/gvseghbr] created the discussion

"Using jBPM to manage state of resources"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/745634#745634

Hi,

I'm really struggling here finding some documentation on how to do this. Let me first tell you something about the scenario.
We have a RESTful interface to manage resources (OCCI resources). Previously all statehandling was done in plain JAVA. It showed to be not very manageable at all (surprise  ;) ). Now we want to use jBPM for the statehandling and directing the actions that have to be executed when a certain state is reached. For every type of resource we defined a BPMN process, so every resource instance should map to a single process instance.
1. Is this a good idea?
2. How do we best integrate our RESTful interface with our different jBPM processes?
3. Can we still monitor these process instances using the jBPM console?

Many thanks,
Gregory