[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: jax-ws client for HTTP Digest authentication

spyhunter99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 07:23:18 EDT 2012

spyhunter99 [https://community.jboss.org/people/spyhunter99] created the discussion

"Re: jax-ws client for HTTP Digest authentication"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/747446#747446

JAX-WS is a standardized API. The JDK comes with a reference implementation. I'm not sure if the reference implementation supports digest Jboss includes its own implementation and overrides what's included with the JDK using the endorsed libs. The mechanism of generating the client and service classes has no affect in this case. It's the runtime environment. Since you're posting on a jboss forum, I'm assuming that your targetted environment is in fact jboss.

If you ran outside of jboss, such as with the endpoint api, and didn't specify endorse libs, it would default the reference implementation in the jdk.

So you'll either have to use CXF, or just use http basic, http client cert, or use xml based authentication, such as ws-usernametoken, etc

There should be a feature request on jira about it

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]