[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to list human tasks with HQ API?

Alex Wulms do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 11:38:06 EDT 2012

Alex Wulms [https://community.jboss.org/people/awulms_work] created the discussion

"How to list human tasks with HQ API?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/751019#751019

Hi,

I have created a human task using the "human task view" plugin in eclipse. The task is made for the user "krisv". It shows-up both in the "human task view" in eclipse and in the jbpm console when I login with krisv user (based on the demo/evaluation set-up of jBPM 5.3). The task is in status reserved.

I have now made a small java program that connects to the human task service on localhost on port 5445. The program is supposed to get all reserved tasks for krisv user but it returns 0 results.

Here is the code that I use:

 public static void main(String args[])
 {
  String user="krisv";
  String language="en-UK";
  List<Status> status = Arrays.asList(new Status[] { Status.Reserved });

  System.out.println("*** Connecting to human task client with HornetQ protocol");
  SyncTaskServiceWrapper tk = new SyncTaskServiceWrapper(new AsyncHornetQTaskClient());
  tk.connect("127.0.0.1", 5445);

  System.out.println("*** Getting " + status + " tasks for " + user + " with language " + language);
  List<TaskSummary> tasks = tk.getTasksAssignedAsPotentialOwnerByStatus(user, status, language);
  tasks.addAll(tk.getTasksOwned(user, status, language));

  System.out.println("*** Got " + tasks.size() + " tasks");
 }

It shows at the end "got 0 tasks"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards,
Alex

PS: Can you kindly add jBPM 5.3 to the list of "Categories" in this forum?