[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: meet hang on call a ejb, add a timeout property in jboss-server.xml?

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 18 16:44:17 EDT 2012

Ron Sigal [https://community.jboss.org/people/ron_sigal] created the discussion

"Re: meet hang on call a ejb, add a timeout property in jboss-server.xml?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724552#724552

re: "in my testing, if not set "timeout" parameter, my ejb client will stick be there always if unplug network of ejb server machine when ejb server on processing ejb call.
so it seems NO default timeout . "

The 30 minutes default might seem like forever.  Are you sure that, if you wait 30 minutes, the invocation won't time out?

re: "if add "timeout" parameter, except EJB call, any other jboss services will get impact?"

Any service that uses the connector upon which you set the "timeout" parameter will be affected.  However, I don't believe any other service uses the EJB2 connector.

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]