[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: meet hang on call a ejb, add a timeout property in jboss-server.xml?

freeliuade freeliuade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 18 21:28:58 EDT 2012

freeliuade freeliuade [https://community.jboss.org/people/freeliuade] created the discussion

"Re: meet hang on call a ejb, add a timeout property in jboss-server.xml?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724568#724568

re: "in my testing, if not set "timeout" parameter, my ejb client will stick be there always if unplug network of ejb server machine when ejb server on processing ejb call.
so it seems NO default timeout . "

The 30 minutes default might seem like forever.  Are you sure that, if you wait 30 minutes, the invocation won't time out?

sure, following is my steps, it's a nagative test case for simulate a case happened in our production enviorment, you may want help review it.
1. a ejb server machine, a ejb client machine. open debug on the ejb server
2. debug the ejb method to let ejb processing stick. now unplug the ejb server machine network.
3. wait ... wait .... (more than one night)
4. the next day morning, client still stick on there, with jps/jstack call print the call stack as the top of discussion.

also, you can see the diagram1 in earlier reply, the impl.getTimeout() is 0, which would means it will always wait.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]