[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Process output : Is there a way to get output from a process

lakshmi sampath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 30 15:49:17 EDT 2012

lakshmi sampath [https://community.jboss.org/people/lakshmi.sampath] created the discussion

"Process output : Is there a way to get output from a process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/727529#727529

Hi,

I need to get an output variable from a process. Is there a way to do it similar to providing input while starting a process.

ksession.startProcess(processName,parameterMap);

The return type of above call is ProcessInstance which only tells you the return state like ACTIVE, COMPLETED etc, but I would like to get an output object similar to input parameterMap.  One way to do is to use custom tables to save the data from inside the process but I want to get that information back from the process instead of using my own cutom tables.

thanks
lakshmi.