[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Process output : Is there a way to get output from a process

nt2005 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 31 05:52:55 EDT 2012

nt2005 [https://community.jboss.org/people/nt2005] created the discussion

"Re: Process output : Is there a way to get output from a process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/727565#727565

Hello Lakshmi,

I do somthing like that and for me it works good:

Start the process with a own handler:
+GuiProcessHandler handler = new GuiProcessHandler();+
+Map<String, Object> params = new HashMap<String, Object>();+
+params.put("handler", handler);+

+// start a new process instance+
+ksession.startProcess(processName, params);+

+...handler.getOutputs();+

A workitem for imageoutput:
+public void executeWorkItem(WorkItem workItem, WorkItemManager manager) {    +
+   BufferedImage image ...+
+   GuiProcessHandler handler = (GuiProcessHandler) workItem.getParameter("handler");+
+   handler.addImage(image);+
+}+

Please note BufferedImage is not serializable, so you must convert it to a byte array.

Good luck!