[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JBoss 4.2.3 + JRE 1.7 error - JAX-WS implementation

Pavan BG do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 05:49:44 EDT 2012

Pavan BG [https://community.jboss.org/people/pavanbgu] created the discussion

"JBoss 4.2.3 + JRE 1.7 error - JAX-WS implementation"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/737622#737622

Hi,

While running JBoss4.2.3 in JRE1.7 environment, web services deployment failed. After debugging further, I figured out this is a known bug in JRE1.7 ( http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6974244 http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6974244).

The Bug description says,

+"In recent JDK7 builds, Throwable has a new method:+
+public Throwable[] getSuppressedExceptions()+
+JAX-WS 2.0 spec 3.7 Service Specific Exception says+
+For each getter in the exception and its superclasses, a property of the same type and name is added+
+to the bean. The getCause, getLocalizedMessage and getStackTrace getters from java-+
+.lang.Throwable and the getClass getter from java.lang.Object are excluded from the list+
+of getters to be mapped."+

+This creates a JAXB bean for an exception with a "suppressedExceptions" property. This causes JAXB to fail. *JAX-WS spec needs to be updated to add this method to the above list of methods.*+

I looked at JAX-WS 2.2 spec which has this section updated and it says

+"For each getter in the exception and its superclasses, a property of the same type and name is added to+
+the bean. All the getter methods except getMessage from java.lang.Throwable type hierarchy+
+are excluded from the list of getters to be mapped."+

Looks like in JAX-WS 2.2, the above condition is removed. JBoss 6.0 release notes says it has endorsed JAX-WS2.2 ( https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14791 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS600M2ReleaseNotes). After testing the same application in JBoss 6.0, the issue was not observed.

*Now the question I have is, is it possible to continue to use JBoss 4.2.3 but to replace the default JAX-WS implementation from 2.0 to 2.2 compliant. Can we control this at each component level. Is there a way to override the default implementation.*

Regards,
Pavan

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]