[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to get current node instance in a workitem handler?

Igor Kuzminskyy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 08:38:26 EDT 2012

Igor Kuzminskyy [https://community.jboss.org/people/inbrain] created the discussion

"Re: How to get current node instance in a workitem handler?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738770#738770

Hi Kris,

Thank you a lot for your suggestion but I found one problem:
> The work item currently has access to the process instance id, so you could just retrieve the process instance from the session and find the node instance that references this work item.
I don't understand how can I find node instance 'that references this work item'. I went through documentation and sources with no result: NodeInstance doesn't seem to have Work Item reference, createWorkItem in WorkItemNodeInstance also doens't give any hints on how corresponding Node can be found by WorkItem.
I'm very interested in this problem partially because I need to get use of proposed workaround in  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-3618 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-3618
I would be very thankful if you can help