[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Birt 3.7

Izaak van Niekerk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 04:01:55 EDT 2012

Izaak van Niekerk [https://community.jboss.org/people/sakkie6yster] created the discussion

"Re: Birt 3.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/763819#763819

We are trying to do the same thing (more or less); trying to integrate Birt (4.2.1) with JSF 2.0.
I have followed this forum and tried to implement the same structure but unfortunately without any success.

In essence I created a web project and included the jboss-birt-servlet.jar in my WEB-INF/lib/ folder.
I also copy-pasted all of the jars from the birt runtime (4.2.1) from "birt-runtime-4_2_1\WebViewerExample\WEB-INF\lib"
into the WEB-INF/lib/ folder.

I don't need the jboss-seam-birt.jar right? As this is not really making use of Seam?

I have added the configuration to my web.xml (as directed by Bussard  :)  )

Furthermore I have my report folder in WebContent/Reports/my_report.rptdesign.

And the very basic tag in my facelet:

<b:birt designName="Customers.rptdesign" designType="embed" format="html" embedded="true">
</b:birt>

When I deploy this (to Glassfish 3.1.2.2 - is this ok?) I get the error message:

+*Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd*+

I must confess that I didn't use the JBoss Tools plugin for Eclipse but rather created the project as a "Dynamic Web Project".
Is this a problem?

Important to note that after the error message on the Glassfish console, the page is still accessible and I can see my Primefaces components, but the report is never displayed?

Am I missing something in my project perhaps?
One thing I might be missing; Bussard mentions the following:

4 - Copy this files to the new WA:
  /WebContent/WEB-INF/tlds
  /WEB-INF/viewer.properties
  /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

Where do I find these files and are they important?
Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]