[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - CXF WS-Security with Web Login?

Matt Wringe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 09:43:58 EDT 2012

Matt Wringe [https://community.jboss.org/people/mwringe] created the discussion

"CXF WS-Security with Web Login?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758068#758068

I am serving content through a web service and I need to have the web service perform a web based login (ie the user and such is available in the request.getRemoteUser() for the connection).

I have followed  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13562#Authentication_and_authorization https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-StackCXFUserGuide#Authentication_and_authorization and this appears to be using the correct JAAS authentication mechanism, but its not performing a web login. In previous versions of JBoss AS, I could use the WebAuthentication.login to do this, but this class doesn't exist anymore in AS7.

Is there a way I can configure CXF with JBossWS on AS7 in such a way that a web authentication would occur?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]