[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Process instance doesn't go on after server reboot

Michał Mański do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 16 16:41:39 EDT 2012

Michał Mański [https://community.jboss.org/people/mmanski] created the discussion

"Process instance doesn't go on after server reboot"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759786#759786

Hi,
I use JBPM 5.3.0.Final in my project and I noticed that it doesn't work properly after restart of the server. When a process instance is started and still not finished (for example it is waiting for completion of human task) and suddenly server is crashed or restarted, the process instance doesn't go on after server reboot. When I call complete on taskService, current human task is marked as completed (I see in db that status of this task has changed) but the process instance is not processed to the next node/task.

It doesn't work regardless of whether I create a new StatefulKnowledgeSession or load a previous one after server restart.

My application uses EJB 3.1/JPA 2.0 and runs on JBoss 7.1.1.Final.

Does anyone know what could cause this problem?