[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Process instance doesn't go on after server reboot

nbd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 08:20:46 EDT 2012

nbd [https://community.jboss.org/people/nbd] created the discussion

"Re: Process instance doesn't go on after server reboot"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759888#759888

Hi,

I have the same problem. I tested against exactly the same process flow that you have. Tried restoring the session as well which doesn't help - process instances won't continue executing after server restart.
You may want to take a look here:  https://community.jboss.org/thread/200708 https://community.jboss.org/thread/200708.

There is an answer:

+Hey,+

+at the moment of the "crash", the processes has been persisted? A process is persisted when it reaches a "wait state". I catching signal event is a wait state.+

+If so, you can simply do,+
+ksession = JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(sessionId, kbase, null, env);+
+ksession.signalEvent("Trigger", null);+

+as the processes are already persisted in db.+

+Demian+

I don't get the answer at all and I don't know what +ksession.signalEvent("Trigger", null);+ is supposed to do here. Anyway, I tried it, didn't work, but maybe you can
get something usefull out of this topic.

I'm also still looking for a solution to this problem.