[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: last_read_date update causing StaleObjectStateException

Richard Evans do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 04:30:27 EDT 2012

Richard Evans [https://community.jboss.org/people/r3vans] created the discussion

"Re: last_read_date update causing StaleObjectStateException"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/761575#761575

Thanks Maciej.

Please excuse my ignorance but I have always used Maven to get my code. ...
1) When is master likely to find itself into a new release on the maven repo?
2) If I take code from master, I guess I'd have to take all modules from there rather than mix & match with 5.3.0. Right?

As a matter of fact I have currently worked around my specific issue with a simple but nasty hack...

The problem only surfaced when a read-only web application viewed a process running on another server. It happened because the read-only application actually updated the database due to the last_read_date maintenance. I therefore tweaked the code to suppress this update when the process instance is retrieved on the read-only server.  This seemed to solve our problem.

Also worth saying that on the way to this work-around I first suppressed the update of the last_read_date in +all+ code. This did not work because, surprisingly, this had the side-effect that process_intance_info.process_instance_byte_array was never written to the db and was always null.

Richard