[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to know who has started a process?

Andy McC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 30 12:10:08 EDT 2013

Andy McC [https://community.jboss.org/people/andymcc] created the discussion

"Re: How to know who has started a process?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810989#810989

Hi Mauricio,

Don't worry - your answer was clear - it's because I'm new to a lot of the technologies surrounding jBPM and as a result I am probably asking a lot of naive and quite dumb questions!

I can see what you're saying about the info being application specific. In this case I'm not writing an app of my own, the app is jbpm-console and the user security is the default login process that comes with the 5.4.0.Final installation. My assumption was that with the user already logged in and the creation of new process instances being managed by jbpm-consle that it would be relatively easy to access the user's name. If I understand correctly, as jbpm-console is a web application then I should be able to do that by accessing the session info (although that's another learning curve I'll be sitting at the bottom of!  :) ).

Thanks again - I do appreciate it,

Andy McC