[jboss-user] [jBPM] - how to define a custom (maven-generated from sources) jBPM runtime

Szymek Pindelski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 27 06:40:28 EST 2013

Szymek Pindelski [https://community.jboss.org/people/sweeper] created the discussion

"how to define a custom (maven-generated from sources) jBPM runtime"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799847#799847

hello,
i'm trying to replace the default jBPM runtime that comes with jbpm full installer package with my own (maven-generated) one.
If i understand it correctly - 'jBPM Runtime' in eclipse jbpm-enabled project is nothing more than a way to gather all the necessary jar dependencies (drools + jbpm + knowledge api) in one place - am I right? Or is there something more to it?
The default jBPM runtime points to ./runtime folder holding the jars i mentioned above.
I managed to build these same jar packages using maven (mvn-all.sh clean install -DskipTests) but the resulting jars are scattered around my local maven repository (each jar in a proper groupId/artifactId/version directory subtree) so it's hard to define a single 'root' folder holding them altogether (.m2/repository perhaps?)
I removed the default jBPM library that has been added as Eclipse build path dependency by the Eclipse jBPM plugin, mavenized my demo project and added these same (compile-scoped) maven dependencies to a newly created pom.xml.
My demo project compiles all right but since i wasn't able to remove jBPM runtime from my demo projects properties, I fear that eclipse launcher will use the jar files from jBPM runtime  directory instead.
Thanks in advance for any assistance
regards
Simon