[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Some conceptual jBPM5 questions

Ouadi BEL do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 5 07:26:53 EST 2013

Ouadi BEL [https://community.jboss.org/people/ouadi_dev] created the discussion

"Some conceptual jBPM5 questions"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800780#800780

Hi all jBPM users,

I'm new in jBPM5 and workflow world, I already read the first 7 chapters in "jbpm5-developer-guide" book, but I have some concepts confused in my mind, can anyone explain me please these below questions ?

   1.  What's the main purpose of those classes
        EntityManagerFactory, TaskService, TaskServiceSession ;

   2.  Which Data Base used to store our specific users and groups informations ?

   3.  Why we need to store our specific users and groups to this DB, since it's already defined in our process.bpmn file definition ?

   4.  When we build our Human Task UI in order to provide an Human Task Interaction, it is necessary to run the jbpm-gwt-console-server-           5.4.0.Final-EE6.war component in Jboss server ? Or just the jars library provided by jBPM5 suffice in order to managing our workflow life      cycle without running and using jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war component ?

   5.  When we build a binary representation of our process.bpmn file definition using KnowledgeBuilder and KnowledgeBase classes, our      application  can self-managing the all workflow life cycle without running and using jbpm-gwt- console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war component      in Jboss server ?

 Cheers,