[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Best practices for building custom tasklist queries

Olly Edgell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 2 07:37:39 EDT 2013

Olly Edgell [https://community.jboss.org/people/nofranksuk] created the discussion

"Best practices for building custom tasklist queries"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811202#811202

Hi All,

I'm currently evaluating Jbpm 5.4 for my company and am creating a non-trivial prototype. I have the task service started in a servlet to which the task client connects over hornetq.

I need to be able to display a list of "current" group tasks to a user per process type, so filtered on process id. I can see how the built-in task list queries are executed via the Command object in the TaskClient and how these relate to the queries specified in the Taskorm-JPA2.xml packaged with the TaskService. What I'm unclear on is the best way to go about including my own queries to construct task lists.

I note the query method on the task client has been deprecated though this seems like the best option I have. Ideally I would extend the TaskClient class and provide my own methods working in the same way as the existing ones. Has this functionality been replaced by something else? Another way I can think of implementing it is via remote calls  to the task server via ejb3 or web services that utilise the task persistence context but this doesn't seem like a good solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Olly Edgell