[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-470 : MUX integration

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Aug 29 07:57:11 EDT 2006

On 25 Aug 2006, at 21:40, Jerry Gauthier wrote:

> I need to document it.  It has been enabled in HEAD as well as in the
> 140_MUX branch.  I haven't enabled it in the 140 branch; it will only
> work successfully there if you use it with a version of JGroups where
> the mux issues have been resolved (2.4?).  I can do so easily if you
> want it enabled there too.

No, don't enable it in the 140 branch.

> I created a sample configuration file named mux-service.xml in
> /etc/META-INF for use with a mux configuration test that I added to
> HEAD
> recently.  I haven't updated other configuration files in /etc/META-
> INF
> as many are used in tests and to do so would introduce the multiplexer
> into the tests (for better or worse).  So the multiplexer is
> enabled in
> mux-service.xml; I can add it to other config files and comment it out
> so that it doesn't affect existing tests.  Let me know if this is what
> you would like.

Yes, pls.  This will show people that they have the option to use the
MUX.  Also add a comment to the effect of this being a feature when
run within JBossAS only - or of JGroups is managed separately and
bound to JMX (I suppose this could still be done in other app servers
too)