[jbosscache-dev] Need for CacheLoader.storeState?

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir.blagojevic at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 17:06:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

After we resolve streaming format incompatible cacheloader
implementations [1][2], and as we continue to follow newly agreed
streaming state transfer format - we do not have to require cacheloader
implementers to write their own implementations of storeEntireState and
storeState !

CacheLoader.storeEntireState and CacheLoader.storeState are always the
same. They read NodeData objects from stream and call put with
underlying cacheloader. Put method does the cacheloader specific stuff.

We can possibly keep storeEntireState and storeState in CacheLoader API
but move default implementations to AbstractCacheLoader. Any suggestions
or opinions?

[1] http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-748
[2] http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-749