[jbosscache-dev] Need for CacheLoader.storeState?

Bela Ban bela at jboss.org
Thu Aug 31 17:46:55 EDT 2006

Absolutely, I had that idea when I wrote the cache loader interface, but
never saw it through... +1 for sure, this takes a lot of pain out of the
implementations.

Are you guys thinking about a more efficient transfer format, or is
NodeData still the awy to go ?

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After we resolve streaming format incompatible cacheloader
> implementations [1][2], and as we continue to follow newly agreed
> streaming state transfer format - we do not have to require cacheloader
> implementers to write their own implementations of storeEntireState and
> storeState !
>
> CacheLoader.storeEntireState and CacheLoader.storeState are always the
> same. They read NodeData objects from stream and call put with
> underlying cacheloader. Put method does the cacheloader specific stuff.
>
> We can possibly keep storeEntireState and storeState in CacheLoader API
> but move default implementations to AbstractCacheLoader. Any suggestions
> or opinions?
>

> [1] http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-748
> [2] http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-749

Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Manager JBoss Clustering Group
JBoss - a division of Red Hat