[jbosscache-dev] 2.0.0 ALPHA and release sched

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Tue Nov 14 14:48:06 EST 2006

jbosscache-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope to tag 2.0.0.ALPHA on Thu evening EST.
>
> Could we make sure that all non-alpha changes do not go into
> HEAD between now and then?
>
> Vlad, I believe you still need to check in your FLUSH and
> state transfer stuff.

Yes, please do this ASAP. I need it to test http session replication.

> Brian, is there anything specific that you've
> still got to do?

The only thing I'd probably do is any tidying up related to the JMX
integration stuff.

> Ben, if there is anything specific on CC that is failing wrt.
> PojoCache, could you look into these?
>
> I will focus on the current breakage (due to my merging the
> eviction Region/RegionManagers with the generic
> Region/RegionManager constructs), I should have these
> finished by tomorrow though and can focus on any other breakages.
>
> The plan is that once we have this basic functionality in
> place, I can tag the alpha, push it through the release
> process and put it into the AS5 beta1 build.
>
> After that we can look at stabilising for a JBC beta1 by
> mid-Dec, performance tuning and refactoring for a beta2, and
> then however many CRs it takes to release 2.0.0 after that by Q1'07.
>
> Thoughts?

If we're going to integrate 2.0 in AS 4.2, they were shooting for a
2.0.0.GA at year end.  I realize that's a tall order.  IMHO, if its not
doable we can deal with it.  Integrating 2.0.0 is better, but we'll be
supporting 4.2 for a long time, so I'd rather have a stable 1.4.1 than a
buggy, rushed 2.0.0.