[jbosscache-dev] 2.0.0 ALPHA and release sched

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Nov 15 04:19:31 EST 2006

>> After that we can look at stabilising for a JBC beta1 by
>> mid-Dec, performance tuning and refactoring for a beta2, and
>> then however many CRs it takes to release 2.0.0 after that by Q1'07.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> If we're going to integrate 2.0 in AS 4.2, they were shooting for a
> 2.0.0.GA at year end.  I realize that's a tall order.  IMHO, if its
> not
> doable we can deal with it.  Integrating 2.0.0 is better, but we'll be
> supporting 4.2 for a long time, so I'd rather have a stable 1.4.1
> than a
> buggy, rushed 2.0.0.

Yeah I know - I frankly think that may be a bit tough, despite being
desirable for obvious reasons.  Let's see how quickly things
stabilise in 2.0.0 though.  I mean, if it means putting off
performance tuning and refactoring for 2.0.1, so be it, but I need to
see how quickly we can stabilise the core first and make a call from
there.