[jbosscache-dev] Eviction configuration stuff

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Wed Nov 15 09:13:09 EST 2006

jbosscache-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Just trying to understand the eviction config pojos in HEAD,
>
> I see a o.j.c.c.EvictionConfig, which I presume is a
> top-level configuration for evictions.  Within this, I see a
> collection of o.j.c.c.EvictionRegionConfig which is a
> regionalised set of configs, and each one of these has a
> reference to o.j.c.e.EvictionPolicyConfig which is
> policy-specific.  I also see a o.j.c.e.EvictionConfigurator interface.
>
> 1)  Is there a reason why EvictionPolicyConfig is in o.j.c.e
> instead of o.j.c.c along with the other configuration classes?

Just because some of this kind of stuff was in o.j.c.e before.  Moving
them makes more sense. I think I ran out of energy at that point. :-(

> 2)  Can we lose o.j.c.e.EvictionConfigurator?  Nothing
> implements this interface and it is deprecated.

It's just there for backward compatibility with any old custom eviction
policies people have written. I'm perfectly fine with getting rid of it;
it's ugly.

- Brian