[jbosscache-dev] JBoss Cache 2.0.0.ALPHA status

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Mon Sep 11 12:35:29 EDT 2006

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> I made TcpCacheLoader test pass but tcpcacheloader will not
> propagate load/store. This was the case even before I made
> the cacheloader change.
> Similar situation is with rpc and rmi loaders and we have to
> figure out what to do there.

In the case of store, is this a matter of reading out the NodeData
objects and invoking a put(Fqn, Map) on the remote cache for each one?
For load, a bunch of recursive get(Fqn) calls to create the NodeData?
(I'm skipping any subtleties of the 2.0 API here.)

A problem with the put(Fqn, Map) approach is that call integrates the
passed Map into the target node, rather than replacing the map contents.
So you could be left with stale key/value pairs in the far cache.