[jbosscache-dev] Cache Loader migration code

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 14:19:38 EDT 2007

Manik,

The library pulled for cacheloader-migration is incorrect:

       <dependency>
          <groupId>org.jboss.aop</groupId>
          <artifactId>jboss-aop</artifactId>
          <version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
       </dependency>

The unit tests are designed to generate 1.x format stores and transform
them to 2.x. It assumes that you have migration's lib/jboss-minimal
(from 4.0.3) in the junit classpath.

However, these tests would still work if you use a later MS
(MarshalledValue) class because in the test you're both generating the
store and tranforming it. It was never my intention to pull AOP 2.0 to
get MS, the idea was to have MS from migration/lib/jboss-minimal from 4.0.3:

    <path id="migration.library.classpath">
       <fileset dir="${retro.lib.dir}">
          <include name="jboss-logging-spi.jar"/>
       </fileset>
       <fileset dir="${migration.lib.dir}">
          <include name="*.jar"/>
       </fileset>
    </path>

    <target name="functionaltests-migration"
depends="compile-cache,test-jar,unittests-init"
            description="Runs cache loader functional tests">
       <property name="jgroups.stack" value="udp"/>
       <echo>Running functional tests using ${jgroups.stack} jgroups
stack</echo>
       <junit printsummary="yes" timeout="${junit.timeout}" fork="yes"
maxmemory="512m">
          <classpath refid="library.classpath"/>
          <classpath refid="output.classpath"/>
          <classpath refid="migration.library.classpath"/>
          <classpath refid="migration.output.classpath"/>
          <jvmarg value="-Dbind.address=${bind.address}"/>
          <jvmarg value="-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true"/>
          <jvmarg value="-Djgroups.stack=${jgroups.stack}"/>
          <jvmarg value="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"/>
          <jvmarg value="-Dtest.jar.dir=${output.dir}"/>
          <jvmarg value="-Dlib.dir=${lib.dir}"/>
          <formatter
classname="org.jboss.cache.util.XMLUnitTestFormatter" usefile="true"
                     extension="-${jgroups.stack}.xml"/>
          <batchtest todir="${build.reports}">
             <fileset dir="${migration.functional.tests.dir}">
                <include name="**/*Test.*"/>
                <patternset refid="junit.excludes"/>
             </fileset>
          </batchtest>
       </junit>
    </target>

I didn't wanna make the UTs rely on 1.x (generated with JBC 1.x)
produced stores, which is why I created the examples. examples/data
contains stores generated with JBC 1.x and I bet (need to try) that if
you try running the examples, they will fail.

Now, how to pull jboss-minimal from 4.0.3 (which is what JBC 1.x uses)
from maven is unknown to me right now. I need a bit of time to sort this
out.

Thanks for your patience.