[jbosscache-dev] Branch and tag maintenance

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 23:21:41 EDT 2007

Sorry; couldn't connect to mail server the other day and forgot to
resend. Couple comments:

1) Release qualifiers are dot appended, so using "2.1.0-GA" instead of
"2.1.0.GA" is confusing.

2) Not sure why you'd include the release qualifier in the branch name,
unless the intent was to stop work on that branch when the named
qualifier was reached. E.g. when 2.1.0.Alpha1 is tagged, will work on
branch 2.1.0.Alpha1 stop, with work then beginning on 2.1.0.Alpha2? (I
hope not, as that means doing a new checkout or jumping through other
hoops.)

- Brian