[jbosscache-dev] Branch and tag maintenance

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri Aug 24 10:13:06 EDT 2007

On 24 Aug 2007, at 12:59, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 24 Aug 2007, at 04:21, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>
>> Sorry; couldn't connect to mail server the other day and forgot to
>> resend. Couple comments:
>>
>> 1) Release qualifiers are dot appended, so using "2.1.0-GA"
>> instead of "2.1.0.GA" is confusing.
>
> This seems to be a maven convention.  Maven detects -SNAPSHOT and
> treats it differently from -GA, -BETA, etc. (different snapshot
> repo, etc)

This is at odds with the JBoss naming conventions [1] though.  Paul,
do you know if we use the JBoss conventions, maven would detect
snapshots properly?  E.g., if I had a 2.1.0.SNAPSHOT (rather than a
2.1.0-SNAPSHOT) it would be treated as a snapshot?

[1] http://docs.jboss.org/process-guide/en/html/index.html