[jbosscache-dev] PojoCache annotations and marker interfaces

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 15:23:34 EST 2007

I see that in 1.4.x, we have this lovely situation:

jboss-cache.jar includes the o.j.c.aop.(InstanceOf)AopMarker marker
interfaces.
jboss-cache-jdk5.jar also includes the
o.j.c.aop.annotation.(InstanceOf)AopMarker annotations, but does not
include the marker interfaces.

Thus, in AS 4.2, if I want to support both annotation styles for FIELD
granularity replication, there is no JBC jar that I can integrate to
allow it. I'd like to support both, since it seems user friendly to
support the different methods the PojoCache examples use. (Note: we're
deprecating the redundant o.j.web.tomcat.tc5.session.AopMarker marker
interfaces, so good support of the standard PojoCache markers is even
more important.)

If 1.4.1.SP1 isn't in QA yet (I saw another fix this AM) can we fix
this? I see no reason not to include the marker interfaces in the
jboss-cache-jdk5.jar. It's not like they don't work in JDK 5 or
something.

This isn't critical, but this whole area is really user unfriendly
(don't get me started on the atrocious aopc) and doing what we can to
make it easier is a good thing.

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss, a division of Red Hat