[jbosscache-dev] JBC Roadmap

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Feb 8 13:01:51 EST 2007

Guys,

I've made some notes around the upcoming releases of JBC 2.x over here:

	http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RoadMapOverview

Key things are:

2.1.0: adds no new features, but is an architectural cleanup.  JBoss
AOP for interceptors (no more hand-wired interceptor chains) which
allows us to apply this to Nodes directly, and JBoss MC for IOC which
allows us to ditch a lot of the custom configuration stuff and allows
us to cleanly parameterise tests.  Tests can get more sophisticated
and targeted this way as well, since injecting stubs at any level
becomes easy.  Also makes the codebase a lot leaner since we will
throw out a lot of the boilerplate stuff.

2.2.0: Partitioning.  I have an initial design on this which Bela,
Galder and myself came up with while in Neuchatel.  Will wiki-ise
this for more discussion and improvement.

2.3.0: Executors and Functors.

Please do have a look, I'd love to hear thoughts and comments.

Cheers,

Email: manik at jboss.org
Telephone: +44 7786 702 706
MSN: manik at surtani.org