[jbosscache-dev] Mircea's RedcdRecJDBCCacheLoader

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:29:26 EST 2007

Hi,

Second thought on this.
My SoUglyNamedJDBCCacheLoader :) needs an additional configuration element -
DBMS string concatenation function syntax. Normally concat(1,2) should make
it for most of DBMs (works on mysql, oracle, mssql), but the fact is that
this additional required config does not make the new impl 100% backward(you
can not take the new class and put it in the place of old class). So I
suggest following:
- keep the JDBCChacheLoader as it is
- also add the new impl (with a more expressive name, of course :)( perhaps
deprecate the old one?)
- recommend the user to use the new class over the old one, highlighting
performance improvements

Cheers,
Mircea