[jbosscache-dev] Finalizing JBCACHE-840

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir.blagojevic at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 18:18:54 EST 2007

Hey,

We recently talked about cleaning up our META-INF directory. I changed
almost all our non-local junit tests to use unit-test-cache-service.xml
file. Here is the list of configuration files and their use:

buddyreplication-service.xml
	o.j.c.buddyreplication.BuddyReplicationConfigTest.java

cache-config.xml
	o.j.c..pojo.collection.CachedListTxTest.java

hibernate-recommended-config.xml,interopCurAsync-service.xml,
interopCurSync-service.xml, interopPrevAsync-service.xml,
interopPrevSync-service.xml, interopPrevSync-service.xml,
invalidationAsync-service.xml, invalidationSync-service.xml,
oodb-service.xml,node1.xml, node2.xml,
optimal-for-large-cluster-http-session-repl.xml,
replAsync-optimistic-service.xml,
replAsyncSharedCacheLoader-service.xml,
replSync-ChainingCacheLoader-service.xml,
replSync-ClusteredCacheLoader-service.xml,
replSync-eviction-service.xml, replSync-optimistic-service.xml,
singleton-nopush-service.xml, singleton-push-service.xml

	not used

local-*.xml, mixedPolicy-eviction-service.xml, optimistic-eviction.xml,
policyPerRegion-eviction-service.xml, tree-service.xml
	used in eviction tests

pojocache-passivation-service.xml
	used in pojo cache tests and examples

replAsync-service.xml
	used in old src code base

replSync-service.xml
	used in examples, TreeCacheView2, CacheFactoryTest

Questions:

1) Can we safely remove files that are not used? Should we keep some? If
yes, which ones?

2) Can we somehow reuse local-*.xml and other files used in eviction
tests and thus keep a few files instead of so many? Any volunteers?

3) I want to finish up JBCACHE-840 tomorrow and hookup CC to test all
non-local test with tcp jgroups stack as well. Should I simply add
another target such as all-unit-test-tcp-cc? How do we tell CC to make
another testsuite run and make a report for it?