[jbosscache-dev] Updated to commons-logging 1.1.1 (for now...)

Navin Surtani navin at surtani.org
Mon Aug 18 14:05:52 EDT 2008

For those who don't know me - I'm Manik's brother and interning with
redhat ...

To continue the wondrous conversations that I have with Manik - what's
the advantage of using slf4j over commons logging?

On 18 Aug 2008, at 18:52, Manik Surtani wrote:

> I'd rather go with JDK logging then.  IIRC, jboss-logging can
> intercept JDK logging events and log to the preferred engine, and
> this means fewer jars and NO DIRECT dependency on a lousy logging jar!

+ a lot on that one. I really think that it's easier not having any
unwanted dependencies. Although nobody has talked about log4j for a
while ... so why not throw that into the mix of the various kinds of
loggings :D