[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-471 - Handling JGroups MERGE

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Mar 18 10:18:51 EDT 2008

This was on 2.2.0's task list:

	http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-471

The last time we spoke about this was in Neuchatel, and we decided
we'd expose an interface, a MergeHandler, that people could
implement.  We'd also provide a few standard implementations, like
EvictEntireClusterStateHandler and FatalStopMergeHandler?  I think a
SingleWinnerHandler  and DisjointedSubtreeMergeHandler can come later,
as they would both involve a proxying mechanism to talk to remote
caches being in place - something which will be developed as a part of
Partitioning [1].

We didn't discuss the design of this interface - how about a single
callback with:

public interface MergeHandler
{
	void handleMerge(Cache currentInstance, List<Address>
winningSubPartition, List<Address> losingSubPartition);
}

Can we see any other information being needed?

[1] http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCACHE-60

manik at jboss.org