[jbosscache-dev] AS Integration tests in JBC test suites

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 13:26:48 EDT 2008

I'd like to propose adding a package structure in the core cache and
pojo cache testsuites for adding tests of compliance with the behavior
the AS and Hibernate expect from JBC. Basically, in these packages the
AS developers would write tests that simulate the AS and Hibernate usage
of JBC. Simulations would *not* add any new dependencies.  Goal over
time is to 99.5% eliminate the chances of finding JBC-caused regressions
in the AS/Hibernate testsuites by ensuring they are caught in JBC itself.

Right now a lot of issues slip through because the JBC test suites have
a hard time covering all of its permutations of features.  Something
gets changed and a test gets added, but it doesn't cover the
configuration set AS/Hibernate uses, so we get a regression at the AS level.

Downside to this is theoretically everything we add in these new
packages should be redundant. But in practice that will be hard to achieve.

Comments?

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering