[jbosscache-dev] AS Integration tests in JBC test suites

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Mar 19 09:34:43 EDT 2008

+1.

How do you foresee this, as a separate suite of tests?  E.g., src/
integration-test/java?  And how about integration with Hudson?  Run on
every build?  Every release?

On 18 Mar 2008, at 17:26, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> I'd like to propose adding a package structure in the core cache and
> pojo cache testsuites for adding tests of compliance with the
> behavior the AS and Hibernate expect from JBC. Basically, in these
> packages the AS developers would write tests that simulate the AS
> and Hibernate usage of JBC. Simulations would *not* add any new
> dependencies.  Goal over time is to 99.5% eliminate the chances of
> finding JBC-caused regressions in the AS/Hibernate testsuites by
> ensuring they are caught in JBC itself.
>
> Right now a lot of issues slip through because the JBC test suites
> have a hard time covering all of its permutations of features.
> Something gets changed and a test gets added, but it doesn't cover
> the configuration set AS/Hibernate uses, so we get a regression at
> the AS level.
>
> Downside to this is theoretically everything we add in these new
> packages should be redundant. But in practice that will be hard to
> achieve.

When you say redundant, do you mean duplication between the AS/
Hibernate test suite and JBC's test suite (+1 in this case), or
duplication between JBC's unit test suite and integration test suite
(-1 in this case)?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org