[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-471 - Handling JGroups MERGE

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 13:45:43 EDT 2008

I would like to handle it.  IMO it's a major flaw that it's not handled.

But...

In reality, no AS release with JBC 3.0 in it is going to come out for at
least a year. Probably longer than that.  So, I'm concerned about focus
(particularly my own ;)). I'd be a lot more comfortable with an
iterative process on JBC 3.0 that does one thing at a time, in order of
priority. If a properly fleshed out merge API is higher priority than
MVCC and state transfer, or is somehow needed to do MVCC/state transfer,
then fine.  But if this is something that's not going to really be
worked on for a long time, then I'd prefer not to elevate the design
discussion into something the whole dev team is focusing on now.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
brian.stansberry at redhat.com